XWinderTM & Hand Tracking SDK
December 9th, 2004
Installation and Usage Instructions
Hand Tracking SDK
Copyright (c) 2003-2004 FingerWorks,
All rights reserved.
- Version 1.53: December 9th, 2004
- XWinder: No changes.
- Tracking SDK: Expanded
documentation and data structure descriptions for FWHID_Path.h and
FWHID_HandMotion.h. Turned some FWHID_Path.h #define macros into static
- Version 1.52: November 15th, 2004
- XWinder on Windows: Tapping
right-hand XWinder chord now toggles Windows between Maximize and Restore. On TouchStreams, tapping
the left-hand XWinder chord sends the window under the pointer to the bottom
(underneath other windows).
- XWinder on Mac OS X:
Tapping right-hand XWinder chord commands Exposť All (F9), and the left hand chord
commands Exposť Desktop (F11).
- XWinder on Windows: New
'magnetic' window edges help you tile against other windows. You can
adjust magnetic strength in the XWinder Status Menu.
- XWinder: Improved motion
filters help windows move along straight lines.
- Tracking SDK on Windows:
Fixed thread contention stalls in FWHID_enable/disableStreams() functions.
- Tracking SDK on Windows: No
longer needs setupapi.lib or hidclass.lib to link.
Version 1.50: October 1st, 2004
- Major rewrite of the SDK to support finger contact and path data stream.
No change in XWinder or hand motion event functionality, though some APIs
and libraries have been renamed. Check out the new SDK
Version 1.05: July 2nd, 2004
- Fixed XWinder2K.exe (on Windows 2000) bug that sometimes caused
keyboard/mouse to stall after multiple replugs.
Version 1.04: June 26th, 2004
- Support for minor change to USB Hand Motion data protocol (swapped Hand
Action and SlideAxes codes).
- NEW! Windows 2000 implementation (via Microsoft's HID Collections
Version 1.01 for Mac OS
X: February 26th, 2004
- XWinder on Mac OS X: Improved multi-screen behavior, esp. when dragging
windows between screens and keeping cursor over moving window. (Thanks to
Scott for testing on his dual-head system!)
- NOTE: Safari 1.2 has an Accessibility bug such that Grab Window Under
Pointer does not work everywhere in browser windows (e.g. over table
borders). Set the Grab Key Focus Window option or put pointer over browser
text before grabbing with your XWinder chord.
Version 1.0: February 12th, 2004
- XWinder: Automatically installs into system startup folder on Mac OS X
and Windows XP. However, you still have to enable the
XWinder chords on the Feature Selector's Gesture Sets page before it will
- XWinder on XP: Now provides 4-finger horizontal panning to complement
4-finger vertical scroll!
- XWinder: Status Menu Preferences are now preserved both on Mac OS X and
- XWinder: More responsive window movement when using one-handed chord.
- XWinder: In grab window under pointer mode, pointer now moves with
window on Mac OS X too.
- Hand Motion SDK: Hand position now reported at high resolution (25um) as
estimated offset from home row/resting position.
- Hand Motion SDK: New handActionCode field for passing generic commands
(e.g. window maximize/restore) to XWinder thru USB hand event channel.
- Hand Motion SDK: New Java-native bridge library for Windows XP.
Any suggestions and/or bugs can be posted in the FingerWorksForums, XWinder
and SDK threads:
or directed to FingerWorks support: